The Coordinator, Performance Science will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Performance Science technologies. This role will work closely with Baseball Analytics, Baseball Performance, Player Development and Coaching Staffs in order to optimize technology usage, understanding and feedback.
1. Responsible for Hawkeye and TrackMan day-to-day operations management, including the staffing and oversight of Operators.
2. Central point of contact for all Performance Science hardware technologies, with the responsibility of ensuring data quality and supporting user needs.
3. Work closely with third-party technology providers to address and resolve issues.
4. Collaborate with Analytics to disseminate and formulate reports and analysis.
5. Support Coaching Staff with internal education of analytics and performance science technologies.
6. Collaborate with Baseball Performance to collect, analyze and report on performance science data sources for performance and injury risk assessments.
7. Collaborate with Minor League Video Operations, as necessary.
8. Complete ad-hoc database queries and analysis as requested by PD Staff.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. The ideal candidate must have excellent knowledge of general baseball concepts; prior playing experience preferred.
2. Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Degree or coursework in sport science, kinesiology, biomechanics, motor learning, mathematics, statistics, or related field is desired.
3. Demonstrated experience with performance science technologies and data collection processes preferred. Examples include but are not limited to: Hawk-Eye, TrackMan, Rapsodo, Blast Motion, force plates, and markered or markerless motion capture.
4. The ideal candidate must have excellent computer skills, including proficiency in R/Python and Microsoft Excel; SQL and relational database proficiency preferred.
5. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills. The ability to interact and communicate with a diverse range of individuals across the organization is critical.
6. The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
7. The ideal candidate must be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
8. The candidate must be available full-time.
9. Willing and able to relocate to the Lakeland, FL area.
1. Office environment and on-field/training facility activities
2. Evening, weekend, and holiday hours required
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities or nonessential requirements.Detroit Tigers, Inc. has the right to change, modify, suspend, interrupt or cancel in whole or in part any job functions outlined in a job description at any time and without advance notice to the employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.