Every year on May 15, the International Day of Families is commemorated to raise awareness about the importance of our loved ones.
Families have become the most significant support net in one’s life at a time when the world is fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.
The theme for the 2021 International Day of Families is social change to sustainable growth. According to the United Nations’ website, it also focuses on “the impact of digital technology on social growth and well-being of all.” The theme of the 2021 commemoration is on how emerging innovations affect family well-being.
Here are some quotes, courtesy parade.com, to share with your loved ones on this day:
1. “It didn’t matter how big our house was; it mattered that there was love in it.” — Peter Buffett
2. “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” — Jane Howard
3. “Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” — David Ogden Stiers
4. “We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family.” –Coco
5. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” – Richard Bach
6. “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” – George Bernard Shaw
7. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.” – Lisa Weed
8. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” ― George Burns
9. “A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss… That’s the trade-off. But I’ll take it all.” — Brad Pitt
10. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, lies in its loyalty to each other.” – Mario Puzo