- Krispy Skreme? The doughnut chain has a temporary name change for Halloween and special treats.
- Krispy Kreme has a BOGO doughnuts deal. Buy a dozen, get second for $1 Saturdays through Halloween.
- Krispy Kreme is bringing back its Halloween freebie. Wear a costume to get a free doughnut Oct. 31.
Krispy Kreme is bringing out new deals, new doughnuts and a new name this Halloween season.
The chain, which is going by the name “Krispy Skreme” this fall, is offering customers who buy a dozen doughnuts another dozen for $1 every Saturday through Halloweenat participating shops.
Each of the “Saturday Scary Sharies” boxes is packaged in a special-edition “spellbook dozen” box while supplies last. The special $1 dozen includes 11 Original Glazed Doughnuts and one of the new Halloween doughnuts, the Spooky Sprinkle.
“We all deserve an incredibly great Halloween this year. So, we’re turning into Krispy Skreme for the month and scaring up some amazing Halloween doughnuts along with some spooky good deals,” Dave Skena, the company’s chief marketing officer, said in a news release. “Help us have fun too by coming by on Halloween in costume and we’ll give you a free doughnut!”
►Thanksgiving turkeys:Popeyes Cajun turkeys are coming back for Thanksgiving. Here’s when and how to preorder.
To get the Saturday deal, buy any dozen doughnuts at participating shops and then get the Scary Scaries Dozen for $1. For online orders, use promo code SCARY.
Krispy Kreme’s Halloween donuts
Krispy Kreme is also offering four new doughnuts this Halloween season for a limited time at participating shops, including:
- Abra Cat Dabra Doughnut: A glazed doughnut with chocolate icing decorated like a cat.
- Enchanted Cauldron Doughnut: A glazed chocolate cake doughnut decorated like a cauldron.
- Bewitched Broomstick Doughnut: An unglazed shell doughnut dipped in purple icing decorated with an icing swirl, gold star, green buttercream and a pretzel stick “broomstick.”
- Spooky Sprinkle Doughnut: A glazed doughnut dipped in orange icing and topped with sprinkles.
Krispy Kreme free donut with Halloween costume
Krispy Kreme is bringing back a popular Halloween freebie. Like in past years,every customer who visits a store in their Halloween costume on Oct. 31 can also receive a free doughnut, no purchase necessary, according to the release.
No Halloween costume? It’s still possible to get a freebie. With a valid COVID-19 vaccination card, get a free glazed doughnut through Dec. 31 for showing the card.
Follow USA TODAY reporter Bailey Schulz on Twitter: @bailey_schulz.