|Welcome to Sportstar‘s LIVE coverage of the Indian athletes in action at the Tokyo Paralympics 2020.|
7:00 a.m- Men’s singles SL3 Semifinals- Manoj Sarkar vs D. Bethell (GBR)
With Bhagat becoming India’s first paralympic badminton finalist, Manoj Sarkar would aim to get through to the finals to make it an all Indian affair.
Men’s singles SL3 Semifinals- Pramod Bhagat vs D. Fujihara (JPN)
Pramod Bhagat defeats D. Fujihara (JPN) (2-0) 21-11, 21-16 in 36 minutes
- Game 2- The Japanese takes the early lead 1-0. Indian number one seed leads 4-3. Bhagat takes the lead 7-6, but Fujihara trying to close the gap. 10-7 with the Indian still in the lead. The left-handed Indian takes away the last point making it 11-7 in the first half of the second game. A brilliant rally near the net leads to Bhagat taking the lead 13-9. The Indian still leads 16-12 with brilliant net play. Bhagat closes in on becoming the first Indian to head to badminton Paralympics final. Pramod Bhagat wins second game 21-16, assures India its first Paralympic badminton medal.
- Game 1- Pramod Bhagat serves. A beautiful over head drop helps Bhagat take a 1-0 lead. However, Fujihara comes back to take two consecutive points. Bhagat comes back from behind to tie 4-4 and lead 6-4. A beautiful smash from Pramod takes the score 9-8. The 33-year-old Indian leads 11-8 in the first half of the first game. Consecutive smashes proved to be hard to handle for the Japanese as the Indian lead 14-10. Bhagat gets four consecutive points to lead 18-11. Make that six points in a row, Indian leads 20-11. Bhagat leads 21-11 in the first game of semifinals.
- Number one seed from India Pramod Bhagat takes on Japan’s D. Fujihara.
Shooting- Mixed 50m pistol SH1 Qualification- Manish Narwal, Singhraj and Akash
- Singhraj and Manish Narwal in top eight at the moment of the Mixed 50m pistol SH1 Qualification event.
- With the first series underway, the Indian shooters aim to qualify top eight to enter the finals.
Indians in action on September 4 (Timings in IST)
6:00 a.m.- Shooting- Mixed 50m pistol SH1 Qualification- Manish Narwal, Singhraj and Akash
6:15 a.m.- Badminton- Men’s singles SL3 Semifinals- Pramod Bhagat vs D. Fujihara (JPN)
7:00 a.m.- Badminton- Men’s singles SL3 Semifinals- Manoj Sarkar vs D. Bethell (GBR)
7:45 a.m.- Badminton- Men’s singles SL4 Semifinals- Tarun Dhillon vs Lucas Mazur (FRA)
7:45 a.m.- Badminton- Men’s singles SL4 Semifinals- Suhas Yathiraj vs S. Fredy (INA)
8:45 a.m.- Shooting- Mixed 50m pistol SH1 Final- Manish Narwal, Singhraj and Akash (Subject to Qualification)
10:00 a.m.- Badminton- Men’s singles SH6 Semifinals- Krishna Nagar vs Krysten Coombs (GBR)
11:45 a.m.- Badminton- Mixed doubles SL3-SU5 Semifinals- Pramod Bhagat and Palak Kohli vs S. Hary and O. Ratri (INA)
3 p.m. onwards Badminton- Men’s singles SL4 Medal Rounds- Pramod Bhagat, Manoj Sarkar
3:40 pm– Athletics- Men’s Javelin Throw F41 Final- Navdeep Singh
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- When will Indian athletes play at the Tokyo Paralympics today?
Events of Indian interest at the Tokyo Paralympics will begin at 6:00 AM IST on September 4, 2021.
- Where to watch the Tokyo Paralympics in India?
The Tokyo Paralympics can be watched in India live on Eurosport and Doordarshan. It can also be streamed online through official channel of Prasar Bharati sports and DD National on Youtube.